Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale is in talks to take a leading role in Dude, a comedy written and to be directed by Olivia Milch that begins shooting at month’s end in Los Angeles. The plot is described as Superbad meets Bridesmaids: In 2007, four hard-partying best friends enjoy the last few weeks of high school before going their separate ways for college.
Hale will play Lily, a popular high school senior bound for NYU in the fall who knows she is good-looking and flaunts it accordingly. Very assertive and a control freak, Lily struggles to delegate even the smallest prom-related responsibilities. The glue of the group, she values her best friends over everything else – even more than her beloved bong.
Though it might feel like Pretty Little Liars‘ five-year time jump is turning the entire show upside down, there’s still one constant fans can count on in 2016: the menacing presence of a certain alphabetical assailant.
“I love that ‘A’ has been revamped, still contacting the girls through text messages and signs, but definitely a lot deadlier,” Lucy Hale tells TVLine. “It’s not like, ‘I’m going to tell on you,’ but more like, ‘I’m going to kill you if you don’t give me what I want.’ So ‘A’ is a lot edgier and smarter — and there might even be some use of emojis.”
As for Aria’s relationship with Ezra, whose book she’s gazing upon longingly in the photo above, Hale promises it will be just complicated as ever — if not more so.
“It’s never really said how she feels about Ezra; it’s kind of up to the audience to interpret,” she explains. “If I were watching it, I’d think, ‘Oh, she’s still madly in love with him.’ But they’re both in different relationships now. They’re still there for each other, and they build a strong friendship when they start working together. There’s still that little spark, where you’re like, ‘It’s going down.’”
Hale also says we can expect an “interesting” twist with Aria’s family — the only people, aside from the girls, with whom she’s remained in contact — upon her return to Rosewood, a trip that certainly takes some convincing.
“Out of all the girls, Aria is the most hesitant to return,” Hale says. “The only reason she’s going back is because she loves Alison, and she’ll do anything for her, but she’s definitely being pulled by her hair. A lot of things happen that keep the girls in Rosewood, but for Aria, she has this whole life in Boston that she absolutely loves, which is hard.”
ABC FAMILY TO GIVE FANS ACCESS TO TALENT AND UNIQUE PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES DURING NEW YORK COMIC CON ON OCTOBER 8-11
Meet-n-Greet Sessions with the Casts of “Pretty Little Liars,” “Stitchers” and “Shadowhunters” Will Be Held Throughout the Convention
New York, NY (Oct. 2, 2015) – ABC Family will have a strong presence at this year’s New York Comic Con with panels, as well as autograph-signing sessions and many fun one-of-a-kind activities happening in their booth throughout the convention. The ABC Family booth is number 1720.
Here is a list of activities that will be happening in the ABC Family booth from Oct. 8 – 11:
· Fans will get up-close-and-personal with stars of their favorite ABC Family series with meet-n-greets where they will have the opportunity to get a special Comic Con cast photo for autographs. The meet-n-greet schedule is:
· “Pretty Little Liars” on Friday, Oct. 9th from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. with actors Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse.
· “Stitchers” on Friday, Oct. 9th from 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. with actors Emma Ishta, Kyle Harris, Ritesh Rajan, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Allison Scagliotti and Damon Dayoub.
· “Shadowhunters” on Saturday, Oct. 10th from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. with actors Katherine McNamara, Dominic Sherwood, Harry Shum Jr., Alberto Rosende, Emeraude Toubia, Matthew Daddario, Isaiah Mustafa and The Mortal Instruments author Cassandra Clare.
· Fans can stop by the booth during the four-day event to get unique photo and video opportunities including:
· Fans can insert themselves to re-enact the famous “Shhhh” scene in the opening credits of “Pretty Little Liars.”
· Take a photo in the “Stitchers” lab
· Go behind the velvet ropes of “Shadowhunters” Pandemonium nightclub.
· Also happening during the entirety of the convention, fans will have the chance to stop by the ABC Family booth for custom “Shadowhunters” flash tattoos.
· Special hashtags have been created so fans can follow along on social media and be a part of the social conversation. The hashtags are: #PLLNYCC, #StitchersNYCC and #ShadowhuntersNYCC.
As previously announced, ABC Family will be hosting Q&A panels for “Pretty Little Liars,” “Stitchers” and “Shadowhunters” during New York Comic Con. The panel details are as follows:
· “Pretty Little Liars”/”Stitchers” Q&A Panel – Friday, October 9th in room 1A06 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. The panel will be moderated by BuzzFeed reporter Jarett Wieselman and will include “Pretty Little Liars” executive producers I. Marlene King, Oliver Goldstick and Joseph Dougherty and stars Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse. For the “Stitchers” portion executive producer Jeffrey Alan Schechter will be joined by actors Emma Ishta, Kyle Harris, Ritesh Rajan, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Allison Scagliotti and Damon Dayoub.
“Baring It All: Inside New York Fashion Week” to chronicle behind the scenes look at fashion event
The two-hour documentary produced by “#richkids of Beverly Hills” EP Gennifer Gardiner and IMG’s Will Staeger and Mike Antinoro purports to showcase a fresh take on New York Fashion Week, following industry insiders who are changing the fashion landscape.
The program will feature a crew following the network’s “Pretty Little Liars” star Lucy Hale as she attends NYFW for the firs time, Katy Perry as she attends the world premiere of a documentary about designer Jeremy Scott, and other stories.
“Baring It All: Inside New York Fashion Week” will air Wednesday, Oct 14 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC Family.
Pretty Little Liars’ midseason finale finally unmasked the elusive character of “A”. The hotly-anticipated hour did not disappoint fans, ultimately giving them the answer to the show’s burning question. Vanessa Ray, the portrayer of CeCe, delivered a solid acting as she made fans gripping to their seats when the ABC Family drama revealed her true identity.
It has been a long journey for the girls of PLL. Now that the longest mystery of the show has finally been unveiled, major changes are in-store for the characters when it resumes its sixth season. Viewers of the show should expect a five-year time jump when they tune in for the remaining episodes, allowing Aria & Co. to adjust to their whole different life after Cece’s big reveal as “A”.
Executive producer Marlene King has offered a tease about this flash forward in a report from Pop Sugar. “The girls have all sort of gone their separate ways over these five years, and although they’re still friends, they don’t see each other regularly. So there is an event — or a reason — they come back to Rosewood. Some new secrets and lies. A new mystery unfolds. And the results of that mystery unleash a new ‘big bad.” the showrunner said.
King also dropped the theme of season 6B via Twitter. “Fun new intro when we come back in January. Everyone gets a turn to shhh,” she previewed. Dissecting what King said, the ominous expression “shhh” from PLL is a call back to the first season premiere uttered by Lucy Hale’s Aria. The scene became one of the show’s most unforgettable moments.
In other developments, TV Line has released a gallery featuring the sneak peek photos of the cast and crew while filming the back half of season 6. The publication also addressed most of the fandom’s burning questions for the hit series, including: “Who’s Alison’s new doctor husband? Which “He” is after the girls? Who put that fat honker of an engagement ring on Hanna’s finger (if not Caleb)? And, of course, what inspired Spencer to get bangs?”, the site wrote.
ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars delivered a shocking hour of television in its midseason finale which aired last August. As the series moves forward, a five-year time jump and a new theme will be explored, per showrunner Marlene King.
I have added images of Lucy from the Teen Choice Awards, sorry for the delay in adding them.
I’ve just added screen captures from Tuesday night’s episode of Pretty Little Liars into the gallery.
Pretty Little Liars – 2010 > Season 6 > Screen Captures > 6.09 Last Dance
I’ve just added the rest of the episode captures as well as stills from last season of Pretty Little Liars as well as all of the captures through this week and stills through this half of the season. Enjoy!
Pretty Little Liars – 2010 > Season 5 > Episode Stills
Pretty Little Liars – 2010 > Season 5 > Episode Screen Captures
Pretty Little Liars – 2010 > Season 6 > Episode Stills
Pretty Little Liars – 2010 > Season 6 > Episode Screen Captures